Course Start Date
17 Nov 2022
3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Work Health and Safety gives you the advanced skills and knowledge needed to become an occupational health and safety manager. Refine your existing WHS capabilities, promote safe work practices and created a trusted work environment in a rewarding career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of WHS management systems
- Manage risks and investigate incidents
- Develop and use WHS risk management tools
- Lead and manage organisational change
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Leadership and management
- Communication and collaboration
- Problem solving
- Analytical and investigative skills
- Empathy to lead through change
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- Occupational health and safety officer or manager
- Work health and safety advisor or manager
- Human resources manager
- Health and safety practitioner/consultant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your opportunities with these further study options:
- Bachelorof Businesswith TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, virtual classroom - off campus course. You must attend approximately 3 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 8.5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 18 months.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Thursday with morning classes from 9.00am to 12.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|UOS VSL-BSB51319-22ORA-103||UOS VSL-BSB51319||17 Nov 2022||17 Feb 2023||03 Jan 2023||$475.00|
|UOS VSL-BSB51319-23ORA-103||UOS VSL-BSB51319||20 Feb 2023||19 May 2023||03 Apr 2023||$475.00|
|UOS VSL-BSB51319-23ORA-104||UOS VSL-BSB51319||22 May 2023||18 Aug 2023||03 Jul 2023||$475.00|
|UOS VSL-BSB51319-23ORA-105||UOS VSL-BSB51319||21 Aug 2023||17 Nov 2023||03 Oct 2023||$475.00|
|UOS VSL-BSB51319-23ORA-106||UOS VSL-BSB51319||20 Nov 2023||16 Feb 2024||02 Jan 2024||$475.00|
|UOS VSL-BSB51319-24ORA-103||UOS VSL-BSB51319||19 Feb 2024||17 May 2024||02 Apr 2024||$475.00|
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBWHS513||Lead WHS risk management|
|BSBWHS515||Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents|
|BSBWHS516||Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation's WHS management system|
|BSBWHS519||Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools|
|BSBWHS522||Manage WHS consultation and participation processes|
|BSBSUS511||Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBSTR402||Implement continuous improvement|
|BSBWHS517||Contribute to managing a WHS information system|
|BSBWHS518||Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant|
|BSBWHS520||Manage implementation of emergency procedures|
Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure