JP Morgan - First Step Program - 2021
JP Morgan - First Step Program - Intro (Mirror)
The First Step Program has been developed for youth (aged 15-24) who are interested in taking the first step to gaining skills and knowledge towards employment and a successful career in the South Western Sydney area. This part-time pathway program is supported by J. P. Morgan and offers FEE-FREE* training to students in a supportive environment.
First Step Skillsets (part qualifications) will be delivered in industry areas that have been chosen due to current and upcoming availability of local job opportunities. Students will get an insight into one of the following industry areas, and upon completion, may pathway to further study, a traineeship or straight into entry-level employment.
As well as the Skillsets, students will also learn Employability and Enterprise Skills to ensure they are workforce-ready. They will be supported with their resume writing and interview skills, and learn from the real world experiences of industry experts.Register your interest
2022 First Step Programs
Light Vehicle Automotive Pre-Apprenticeship with Peter Warren Automotive
Are you a hands-on problem solver? Do you have the drive to learn how things work? Does tomorrow’s innovation and racing technology get you revved up? If so, then this Light Vehicle Automotive Program may be for you!
The Automotive industry is broad and encompasses a variety of activities and businesses. These activities include repair and service of vehicles; retailing of vehicles; parts and tools; repair, maintenance, repair and service of bicycles, outdoor power equipment, marine vessels and motorcycles; and some non-car manufacturing.
Location: TAFE NSW Liverpool & Wetherill Park
Commences: Wednesday 9 November 2022
This program will consist of:
- Statement of Attainment in Automotive Vocational Preparation (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- 1 week of work experience at Peter Warren Automotive with Apprenticeship opportunities available
- TAFE Statement in Education and Employment Pathways
What makes a First Step Program different?
- Opportunity to meet industry employers
- Get a better idea of the industry and what it’s like to work in that industry
- May be opportunity for work placement
- Program content is driven by industry labour needs, making participants highly employable
Wrap around support services for ALL participants
Employability skills training including:
- Resume writing
- Job application skills
- Interview skills
- 1:1 Career Development mentoring throughout and after completion of First Step Program, to help you move towards achieving your career pathway goals
- Access to all support services within TAFE NSW, including careers counselling, disability support, LLN support and more
JP Morgan - First Step Program - Testimonials
"This is the perfect thing, where you can get employability skills so you can do whatever you want..."
"...With TAFE teachers... they actually care. They want their students to gain something out of it.”
“… Anyone who was like me who had no idea what they wanted to do, it’s like a stepping stone..."
"... This gives me something to look forward to, to strive for, to set a goal for something."
JP Morgan - First Step Program - Outro (Mirror) Duplicate 1
Take the first step and be job ready. To register your interest, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
# Please Note: Unfortunately this page is not supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer. We apologise for any inconvenience
* Eligibility criteria may apply.
JP Morgan - First Step Program - Logo New