CAPE Header - Legal Services
Career Area Stream
CAPE Related - Legal Services
Courses - Legal Services - FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
By studying a legal services course at TAFE NSW, you will develop a range of skills and knowledge to succeed in a legal career, including how to
- identify and interpret compliance requirements
- maintain and enhance professional practice
- research legal information using secondary sources
- apply legal principles in specific matters
- produce complex legal documents
- research legal information using primary sources
- identify and apply the legal framework
- establish and maintain a file in legal services
- implement effective communication strategies
- apply the principles of the law of torts
- apply the principles of contract law
By studying a legal course at TAFE NSW, you will build and develop essential skills for building a career as a lawyer, such as:
- strong interpersonal skills
- high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- problem solving abilities
- conversation and articulation skills
- general investigative and research skills
- organisational and management skills
- writing skills
- how to plan and carry out work in accordance with legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to different jurisdictions
When you study a legal services course at TAFE NSW, our industry experienced teachers will provide you with the required skills and knowledge, as well as connections to more than 25,000 employers, allowing you to pursue a career as a paralegal.
By successfully completing the Diploma of Legal Services at TAFE NSW, you will learn how to plan and carry out work in accordance with legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to different jurisdictions, which can lead to careers as a:
- Legal Services Support Officer
- Legal Secretary
- Executive Assistant
COURSE GUIDE - Business, Leadership and Management
Career Area - SEO - Legal Services - Footer
What job opportunities could a legal services course lead to?
Legal services courses at TAFE NSW, provide you with an opportunity to develop legal skills and learn how to implement your expertise in a professional setting. Courses in this area equip you with the practical skills and background knowledge you need to accomplish detailed, reliable, research tasks while supporting the legal system.
The legal industry is projected to have strong growth in the future, and our courses can give you opportunities in a number of sectors as well. Learn how to carry out work in a legal context in accordance with legislation, regulations and codes of practice, and enrol now.
A legal services course can lead to completing a full law degree through further education, as well as job opportunities, from assisting a law firm, to working in property as a conveyancer.
The average weekly salary for a conveyancer or legal executive is $1,100, and qualifications in legal services can lead to a number of great career paths in roles like:
- legal executive
- legal secretary
- legal assistant
Whether you're just starting out in your legal services career, want to gain more qualifications, add to your previous experience, or simply broaden your horizons, TAFE NSW offers a wide variety of courses at a number of levels to suit you.
TAFE NSW courses in this area include:
- Legal Reception
- Legal Administration Skills
- Legal Services