Course Start Date
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Health Administration provides you with the tools to kick-start your career in the Health industry. Whether you are wanting to work as a health assistant, support worker or therapy aide, this course will give you the theoretical and practical knowledge to do so.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Define and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disabilities, mental health challenges, diverse backgrounds and those experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An interest in the health industry
- The ability to follow routines and procedures
- The autonomy to work independently
- Good communication, customer service and technical skills
- Great time management and organisational skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Health assistant
- Support worker
- Therapy aid
- Health administrative worker
- Clinical coding check
- Admissions clerk (health services)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Health Administration
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Certificate II in Business
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a variable, combination course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 - 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Thursday and Friday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Stationary and access to computer with internet.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|BSBINN201||Contribute to workplace innovation|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure