Course Info - TAFE NSW
Diploma of Veterinary Nursing (Emergency and Critical Care)
National Course Code: ACM50412
Are you already working in a veterinary clinic? Or, have you dreamt about saving the lives of animals? The Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (Emergency and Critical Care) will teach you how to provide support for an extensive range of emergency and critical care procedures.
This nationally recognised qualification encompasses a range of critical care aspects of vet nursing including:
- Medical emergencies
- Road traffic accidents
- Surgical procedures (thoracic and abdominal), haematological (disseminated intravascular coagulopathy), resulting in blood transfusions, sepsis, toxin recognition and management of topical and ingested toxins and advanced critical care and intensive care monitoring (post-surgical).
To study the Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (Emergency and Critical Care), you will need access to a veterinary hospital or emergency / specialist veterinary facility where emergency and specialised critical care procedures are performed. This is to ensure you are skilled at working with:
- Veterinarians who perform emergency and specialised critical care procedures
- Patients and clients requiring emergency and specialised critical care surgery
- Nursing and discharge
- Equipment, instruments and resources required to perform emergency and specialised critical care procedures
Once you have successfully completed this qualification, you can pursue a career as a veterinary emergency and critical care nurse.
Please note: Candidates undertaking this course will require extensive vocational expertise. Paid employment within a veterinary hospital or emergency / specialist veterinary clinic where emergency and critical care procedures are performed will be essential for meeting assessment requirements of some units.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments. Enquire now for future availability.
- Nationally Recognised Training
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments
Enquire now for future availability or choose a campus location below to view all available courses.
- Hunter Street
- Kurri Kurri
- Moss Vale
- Wollongong West
- Glen Innes
- Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Harbour Education Campus
- Great Lakes
- Port Macquarie
- National Environment Centre
- Primary Industries Centre
- Wagga Wagga
- West Wyalong