Certificate III in Solid Plastering
National Course Code: CPC31011
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Solid Plastering is the qualification you need to start your career as a plasterer. Choose from electives to specialise in various materials, finishes, mouldings and blockwork, and build the skills and knowledge to work on a range of plastering projects.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Apply plain, decorative and protective plaster and cement to interior and exterior structures
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Apply work health and safety requirements to your work
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to work at heights and outdoors
- Safety focused
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A trade
- Eligibility to apply for your tradesperson certificate of registration with NSW Fair Trading
- Solid plasterer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Keep learning and build your skills with additional courses like:
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- Statement of Attainment in Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry Whitecard (short course)
According to Job Outlook, the number of people working as plasterers is expected to grow strongly to 2023, with around 19,000 job openings over 5 years.
This growth is dependent on new housing, including high density apartments and developments, and also the expansion of commercial and industrial construction.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry:
- Enjoy working indoors and outdoors on building projects
- Enjoy working with their hands
- Enjoy having a great variety of work and work conditions
- Have the ability to work in a team
- Have the ability to read and interpret plans
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Theory based knowledge assessments
- Practical based skills assessments
The Certificate III is the established starting point for people wanting to work in the solid plastering field. Here, you will develop your foundational skills and knowledge, and apply what youre learning in both simulated and real-world environments.
The Certificate III in Solid Plastering is the industry-accepted apprenticeship qualification for plasterers.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Measuring, cutting and fitting solid plaster board to walls and ceilings
- Cutting and fitting plaster cornices
- Using specialist tools associated with solid plastering
TAFE NSW is known for delivering up-to-date theory along with relevant, in-demand skills to ensure you are job ready.
You will learn in simulated work environments on a TAFE NSW campus and in real-world situations like your workplace.
You will develop essential hands-on skills in practical workshops, and practice fixing solid plaster materials to walls and ceilings of various shapes and sizes.
TAFE NSW offers you a range of study environments to enhance your learning and employability, such as:
- Material and tool equipped workshops for practical skills
- Classrooms for theory and knowledge building
- Industry specific computer rooms
- Studios, study and presentation areas
- General student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Studiosity - online access to a tutor
When you complete both formal and informal training, you will be eligible to apply for registration and licensing as a journeyman solid plasterer with NSW Fair Trading.
This Certificate III course equips you with valuable and transferrable skills you can use in all areas of building construction, including residential, commercial and industrial jobs, so you are well-placed for whatever the future brings.