Certificate III in Racing (Trackwork Rider)
National Course Code: RGR30518
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Racing (Trackwork Rider) gives you the skills and knowledge to work as a trackwork rider in the thoroughbred racing industry. Learn to handle, assess and ride racehorses, liaise with trainers, and help with stable operations in this hands-on course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Ride trackwork including pace work
- Prepare horses for fitness
- Identify factors that affect racehorse fitness and suitability to race
- Apply first aid to horses
- Comply with racing industry ethics and integrity
- Manage personal health and fitness for working with horses
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- A passion for horses and the racing industry
- A strong set of morals regarding animal welfare
- A love of the outdoors
- The ability to work independently and under supervision
- Good communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Eligibility to apply for a trackwork rider licence
- Trackwork rider
GROW YOUR CAREER
This is the highest TAFE NSW qualification available for racing.
Want to keep learning? Develop a specific skill with one of our short courses, or choose a business qualification and turn your new skills into a thriving business.
Australia has one of the strongest racing industries in the world, with more racecourses than any other country, and the second largest number of racehorse starters behind the USA.
The economic value of the Australian thoroughbred industry is estimated to exceed $5 billion a year. It employs more than 75,000 people, with around 80% of these jobs in NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
The Certificate III in Racing (Trackwork Rider) will prepare you for a career as a qualified trackwork.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- Full Time