Library and Information Services courses offer students a chance to develop their researching skills and learn how to implement catalogue systems professionally. You will learn to catalogue, organise, digitise and maintain resources of all varieties, use your thirst for learning to help people access information, and preserve treasure knowledge for generations to come. Courses in this sector are formulated to equip you with the practical skills and background knowledge you need to accomplish results oriented, problem-solving tasks within any organisation.
This course area can lead to a number of job opportunities, from keeping and protecting a meticulous list of medical records to categorising reams and reams of books as a librarian. Qualifications in Library and Information Services can lead to a job as a library technician, team leader, assistant or archivist. The average weekly salary for a conveyancer or legal executive is $1,100.
TAFE NSW offers a wide range of courses at a number of levels to suit your needs. Whether you're just starting out in your Library Information Services career, want to upgrade your skills or simply broaden your horizons, don't wait any longer and enrol now!
Popular Library and Record Management Courses at TAFE NSW
- Statement of Attainment in Cataloguing and Maintenance (160-17138)
- Statement of Attainment in Complete a Range of Cataloguing Activities (160-17140)
- Statement of Attainment in Library and Information Services (166-52550)
- Statement of Attainment in Library Job Readiness (TTPCRE0047)
- Statement of Attainment in Library, Information and Cultural Services (166-52551)
- Statement of Attainment in Use Established Cataloguing Tools (160-17139)