Maritime courses offer students a chance to expand on their seafaring skills and learn how to implement them aboard a maritime craft. Courses in this sector are formulated to equip you with the practical skills and background knowledge you need to accomplish maritime tasks within any organisation.
A maritime course can lead to a number of job opportunities, from organising commercial shipping to captaining your own fleet as a ship captain. Qualifications in can lead to a job as a maritime transport professional, deckhand, coxswain or deck officer. The average weekly salary for a maritime transport professional is $1,675.
Whether you’re just starting out in your maritime career, want to gain more qualifications, add to your previous experience, or simply broaden your horizons, TAFE NSW offers a wide variety of courses at a number of levels to suit you. TAFE courses in the area include Maritime Operations, Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal, Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal, Master up to 35 metres Near Coastal, Engineer Watchkeeper, Ship Security Awareness and Operation and Maintenance of Marine Elect. Systems.
Popular Maritime Courses at TAFE NSW
- Statement of Attainment in Advanced Fire Fighting (165-500019)
- Statement of Attainment in AMSA Continued Competency (165-500043)
- Statement of Attainment in Chemical Incident Response (357-R5190)
- Statement of Attainment in Compartment Firefighting (357-R5189)
- Statement of Attainment in Compartment Firefighting II (357-R52240)
- Statement of Attainment in Firefighting - management (357-R5009)
- Statement of Attainment in GMDSS Operations (165-500044)
- Statement of Attainment in Marine First Aid (STCW95) (167-22154)
- Statement of Attainment in Proficiency Survival Craft (165-500033)
- Statement of Attainment in Ship security Awareness (165-500027)
- Statement of Attainment in STCW 95 (165-500041)
- Statement of Attainment in Use ECDIS to maintain safe navigation (165-500026)