Browse 1,200+ courses with a wide range of study options from online courses to diploma qualifications, training and full-time education. Learn more
A variety of scholarship opportunities are available for different areas of study, across the state. Learn more
View our news, press releases, videos, announcements and publications about TAFE NSW. Learn more
While applying for a visa might seem complicated, it usually involves no more than a few hours of gathering the necessary documentation
All of Australia's educational institutions welcome foreign students, and every year tens of thousands of them come to study at private colleges, universities and TAFE NSW campuses.
Australia requires non-citizens to get a visa if they're going to stay in the country for any length of time. And in order to be granted a student visa you will need to prove
• you are of good character and sound health
• you will take out acceptable health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and any family members accompanying you
• you have no debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, or have made acceptable arrangements to repay those debts
• arrangements are in place for your accommodation and welfare if you are under 18 years of age
• you have an offer of a place in a course and confirmation of enrolment (this typically involves providing an electronic confirmation of your enrolment certificate and/or ‘offer of a place in a course' letter from your Australian education provider)
• you have sufficient funds to cover your airfares, tuition costs and living expenses
• you have sufficient proficiency in the English language to undertake the course of study you have enrolled in
First check with the Australian Embassy in your country to see if you are eligible to apply for a student visa. If you are, you can go online to research what TAFE courses for international students are available and how to go about applying for them.
Once you've secured a place in a course you can then fill out a student visa application at www.immi.gov.au. (You will then need to undergo a medical examination and arrange health insurance before your visa will be issued.)
While applying for a visa might seem complicated, it usually involves no more than a few hours of gathering the necessary documentation to demonstrate you are a bona fide student and aren't going to be a burden on Australian taxpayers during your stay.