Enrolment Week - Banner
Enrolment Week - Top content
Your TAFE NSW journey starts here
Whether you’re still looking for advice on that perfect course or have questions about how to fill in your paperwork, our friendly staff are on hand to help guide you through these final stages of enrolment.
With a bunch of different ways to get the help you need, choose from the options below to get in contact.
STEP 1 - BE IN CONTROL - CONTACT US
STEP 2 - BE PREPARED - WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Have your Course Number ready for our Student Services staff
- Register for your USI
- Proof of entry requirements
Enrolment Week - FAQs - Accordion
BE INFORMED - FAQs
You are eligible to study a course if you meet the entry requirements. Entry requirements are the minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and attributes you need to successfully complete the course. Not all courses have entry requirements, but some have very specific mandatory conditions you must meet before you can enrol. The entry requirements for each course should be clearly displayed in the course information, so please ensure you read through the details carefully.
When you enrol, you may be asked to undertake one, or more, of the following steps:
- Prove that you meet the educational requirements for your chosen course (e.g. you will need to provide your HSC transcript, or proof of your work skills)
- Support your claim for recognition (e.g. you will need to provide certified copies of your previous qualification(s), transcripts of studies you have undertaken and possibly other evidence)
- Support your claim for an exemption from fees or a fee concession (e.g. proof of pension)
Higher School Certificate (HSC) (Year 12) or equivalent satisfies entry requirements for:
- TAFE NSW Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation (TPC)
- Post-school course or courses that meet the equivalent of one year of full-time assessed study (about 540 hours)
- ROSA (Record of School Achievement) or equivalent
- A course at AQF (Australian Qualification Framework) Certificate II level
- The equivalent of six months' full-time training (about 270 hours)
- At least six months' work (paid or unpaid) or voluntary community activity that reflects performance at AQF Certificate III level
School Certificate or equivalent satisfies entry requirements for:
- TAFE NSW Certificate II in General and Vocational Education (CGVE)
- Completion of a post-school course at AQF Certificate II level or higher
- A combination of study and work or life experience
To study for a nationally recognised qualification at a registered training organisation (RTO) such as TAFE NSW, you need to have a USI, which:
- is made up of 10 numbers and letters;
- gives you access to an account that contains your completed training records and results (from 1 January 2015 onwards), and
- will help you provide evidence of your studies when you apply for a job or undertake further study.
If you don’t already have a USI, you can register for one through the Australian Government website. Please note that when you register for your USI, you also need to allow permission for your local TAFE NSW to view your records and USI.
Still searching for your perfect course? Register for Semester 2 now and be in a career you love sooner. Explore now