Enrolment Week - Banner

Enrolment Week - Top content


Your TAFE NSW journey starts here

Whether you’re still looking for advice on that perfect course or have questions about how to fill in your paperwork, our friendly staff are on hand to help guide you through these final stages of enrolment.

With a bunch of different ways to get the help you need, choose from the options below to get in contact.

  1. Visit your local campus
  2. Call 131 601 (please note that our Student Service Centres are open Mon-Fri only)
  3. Chat with us (between 8:00am - 5:45pm Mon-Fri AEST)
  • Have your Course Number ready for our Student Services staff
  • Register for your USI
  • Proof of entry requirements

Enrolment Week - FAQs - Accordion


You are eligible to study a course if you meet the entry requirements. Entry requirements are the minimum qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and attributes you need to successfully complete the course. Not all courses have entry requirements, but some have very specific mandatory conditions you must meet before you can enrol. The entry requirements for each course should be clearly displayed in the course information, so please ensure you read through the details carefully.

Higher School Certificate (HSC) (Year 12) or equivalent satisfies entry requirements for:

  • TAFE NSW Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation (TPC)
  • Post-school course or courses that meet the equivalent of one year of full-time assessed study (about 540 hours)
  • ROSA (Record of School Achievement) or equivalent
  • A course at AQF (Australian Qualification Framework) Certificate II level
  • The equivalent of six months' full-time training (about 270 hours)
  • At least six months' work (paid or unpaid) or voluntary community activity that reflects performance at AQF Certificate III level

School Certificate or equivalent satisfies entry requirements for:

  • TAFE NSW Certificate II in General and Vocational Education (CGVE)
  • Completion of a post-school course at AQF Certificate II level or higher
  • A combination of study and work or life experience

To study for a nationally recognised qualification at a registered training organisation (RTO) such as TAFE NSW, you need to have a USI, which:

  • is made up of 10 numbers and letters;
  • gives you access to an account that contains your completed training records and results (from 1 January 2015 onwards), and
  • will help you provide evidence of your studies when you apply for a job or undertake further study.

If you don’t already have a USI, you can register for one through the Australian Government website. Please note that when you register for your USI, you also need to allow permission for your local TAFE NSW to view your records and USI.

For more information visit our how to apply and enrol page.

Still searching for your perfect course? Register for Semester 2 now and be in a career you love sooner. Explore now