Awards and excellence - landing
Awards and excellence
Setting the gold standard in education and training
In 2018, TAFE NSW students, staff and TAFE NSW itself as an organisation, combined to win over 70 external awards, helping to confirm our reputation as a leader in vocational education and training.
These awards were contested on state, national and international stages, and ranged from state-wide Student of the Year Awards and the Minister’s Student Achiever Awards, to the international LearnX Technology award and gold medals at the prestigious International WorldSkills competition.
Some of the external awards that TAFE NSW, our students and staff have won over the years include:
- Australian Large Training Provider of the Year
- NSW Large Training Provider of the Year
- Australian Apprentice of The Year
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Australian Vocational Student of the Year
- Australian School-Based Apprentice of the Year
- National WorldSkills Medals
- International WorldSkills Competition Medals
- Australian Vocational Education and Training Trainer/Teacher of the Year
- NSW Tourism Awards – Tourism Education and Training
- MBA Apprentice of the Year Awards and Master Builders Association (MBA) Awards
- LearnX International Award – Best Blended Learning Model
- Interpretation Australia National Excellence Awards
- WSET International Wine Educator of the Year
- Logistic & Warehousing Award
- Excellence in Workforce Development Award
- National Meat Industry Trainer of the Year
- NSW International VET Student of the Year
TAFE NSW is an approved delegate of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) identified as a high-performing registered training organisation that delivers quality.
TAFE NSW also conducts its own internal annual Excellence Awards, honouring outstanding student achievements from around the state. The awards identify our students who achieved outstanding academic results and have since emerged as leaders in their field, becoming role models for future graduates.