Fee Free Apprenticeships - TAFE NSW
FEE FREE APPRENTICESHIPS - BANNER
FEE FREE APPRENTICESHIPS - Content
Fee Free Apprenticeships
Becoming an apprentice or hiring an apprentice just got 100,000 times easier.
That's the number of new apprentices that will have their qualification fees funded by the NSW Government.
They've recognised that apprenticeships and skilled tradespeople are the backbone of our state and they are committed to creating a pipeline of skilled Australians to build a better future.
How Fee Free Apprenticeships work
The NSW Department of Industry will pay the student fee on behalf of any apprentice who commences their apprenticeship training on or after 1 July 2018. The fee will be paid directly to TAFE NSW.
I'm an apprentice, am I eligible?
If you start your Smart and Skilled apprenticeship training on or after 1 July 2018.
If you start training with your training provider on or after 1 July 2018 you do not have to pay a fee.
No, if you commenced training before 1 July 2018 your student fee must still be paid to the training provider.
I employ an apprentice, am I eligible?
As long as the training provider has not commenced training delivery with your apprentice before 1 July 2018, you will not have to pay a fee. This applies even if you signed a training contract before this date.
If your apprentice receives training from a training provider before 1 July 2018 you are not eligible for a refund.
If the training component of their apprenticeship did not start until 1 July 2018 you must contact the training provider to arrange a refund.
If your apprentice started last year and you paid half the student fee, you will still need to pay the outstanding fee amount.
I am a trainee/I employ a trainee, am I eligible?
No, only apprenticeships are eligible. Smart and Skilled Traineeship fees are capped at $1,000.
Top 20 apprenticeships
- Automotive – Body Repair Technology Certificate III
- Automotive Technician – Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Certificate III
- Automotive Technician – Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology Certificate III
- Automotive – Mobile Plant Technology Certificate III
- Bricklaying/Blocklaying Certificate III
- Carpentry Certificate III
- Carpentry and Joinery Certificate III
- Electrotechnology – Electrician Certificate III
- Electrotechnology – Electronics and Communications Certificate III
- Electrotechnology – Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Certificate III
- Engineering – Mechanical Trade Certificate III
- Engineering – Fabrication Trade Certificate III
- Furnishing – Cabinet Making Certificate III
- Hairdressing Certificate III
- Horticulture – Landscape Construction Certificate III
- Hospitality – Commercial Cookery Certificate III
- Painting and Decorating Certificate III
- Plumbing Certificate III
- Roof Plumbing Certificate III
- Telecommunications Technology Certificate III
Campaign - Ambition v2 - Why TAFE NSW?
Why TAFE NSW?
Be smart with your money
Affordable courses with government funding
Be whatever you want to be
Over 250 courses including certificates and diplomas
Strong connections with over 25,000 industry partners
Be job ready
With practical skills and work experience
Be in control
Get hands-on skills digitally - new learning experiences through VR, AR and simulation
Be primed for the future
New enhanced courses for growing industries - such as robotics, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence