Degrees - Students and Graduates - Content

For students and graduates

COVID Impacts

Please visit TAFE NSW COVID Information for the latest updates.

Eligibility to Graduate

If you have completed or are nearing the end of your Higher Education course, please confirm with your Course Coordinator whether you are eligible to graduate.

To be eligible to attend a graduation ceremony, you must have:

  • met the course completion requirements (successfully completed correct number of subjects including both core and electives);
  • completed all assessment activities required in your course;
  • resolved any outstanding subject results; and
  • paid any outstanding fees or debts to TAFE NSW (tuition, loans, library fines, equipment fees).

Once you have confirmed that you are eligible to graduate, please complete this form to register your interest to attend the next graduation ceremony.

Graduation Ceremonies

TAFE NSW Higher Education graduation ceremonies are held at Ultimo campus twice a year, in April and September.

The next ceremony will be held on Thursday, 22 September 2022.

Graduation Location

TAFE NSW Higher Education graduation ceremonies are held at Turner Hall, TAFE NSW Ultimo (651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo 2007).

Graduation Invitation

If you are eligible to attend a graduation ceremony, your invitation will be sent to your TAFE NSW email address approximately four to six weeks before your graduation date. The invitation will address relevant information regarding your graduation ceremony.

Completion Letter

If you are a TAFE NSW international student and wish to obtain a completion letter, or require evidence to support visa applications for family members to attend the graduation, please email your International Customer Experience Coordinator.

Graduation Fees and Payments

The Graduation Fee of $100 includes the following:

  • Tickets to the ceremony for you and two (2) guests
  • An official graduation program for your ceremony
  • Hire of your academic gown and hood
  • A graduation cap for you to keep
  • Light refreshments served to you and your guests after the ceremony

All these items will be given to you on the day of your ceremony at registration.

NOTE: The academic gown and hood should not leave the TAFE Ultimo campus. They must be returned to the Muse (Building C) within one hour after the ceremony ends. A replacement fee will be charged for academic regalia that is not returned.

Cancellation of Ceremony

A full refund of the Graduation Fee will be issued if you decide to cancel your attendance and notify us prior to 24 hours of your ceremony. The cancellation link will be available on your invitation email.

RSVP for Graduation

If you wish to attend the next graduation ceremony you must RSVP and pay the graduation fee by the due date. We cannot accept payment on the day of the ceremony.

Change of Name

Permission to change name will be granted. Requests should be sent from your student email with a completed Enrolment adjustment change of personal details form and any required evidence. Please contact your student services officer at your campus for personal support.

Change of Ceremony

Permission to change ceremony will only be granted for compelling personal, professional, or academic reasons. Requests should be sent via this form. We will contact you close to the next available ceremony.

Requests to change ceremonies after the closing date for RSVP of your current graduation allocation will not be approved.

On the day of your Ceremony

Parking and Public Transport

TAFE NSW is unable to provide parking on campus, however there is 2-hour metered parking in surrounding streets, as well as several parking stations within short walking distance to TAFE NSW Ultimo. TAFE NSW Ultimo is conveniently located close to Central Railway Station, and the Central Station Bus Interchange on George Street.


The registration room at The Muse – North Wing (Building C) opens 90 minutes before your ceremony. You will be able to collect all seating tickets and academic dress fitting:

  • 10:00am Ceremony
  • 2.00pm Ceremony

Ceremonies take approximately 90 minutes.


  • You must arrive no later than 45 minutes before commencement of the ceremony
  • Graduands should be seated 20 minutes before the ceremony at the seat corresponding to the number on their ticket
  • Guest seating is provided inside the Graduation Hall and it is non-allocated
  • Lift access is available for prams, strollers and wheelchairs via the back entrance of Turner Hall

Live Streaming of Ceremony

There will also be livestreaming available during the event. Details will be updated on this page.


Graduates and their two guests are invited to enjoy light refreshments after the ceremony.

Stage Photography

During the ceremony, professional stage photographs will be taken of each graduate as they receive their testamur.

Photography services will be set up in The Muse – South Wing (Building C) where you will be able to order the stage portraits after the ceremony.