Degrees - Students and Graduates - Content
For students and graduates
Recognition of prior learning
Students who have completed other studies in a related field or who have extensive relevant industry experience may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects. All applications for exemption must be made to the course coordinator and must include supporting documentation. Students should attend class until they are formally advised that their application for exemption has been granted.
TAFE NSW Higher Education has policies and procedures relating to assessment, academic conduct, progression, exclusion, graduation, tuition fees and student grievances.
The forms below are governed by TAFE NSW Higher Education policies and procedures. It is always advisable to talk to your course coordinator if you are thinking of withdrawing or before changing your study pattern.
- Professional practitioner form – Ask your medical practitioner to complete this form if you have missed an assessment or examination due to medical reasons. Your medical practitioner should complete this instead of a medical certificate.
- Withdrawal / interruption form – Use this form if you wish to withdraw from a subject or the whole course, or if you wish to take a break from your studies.
- Deferment form - Use this form if you wish to defer commencement of your studies.
- Transfer & co-enrolment form – Use this form if you wish to transfer to another campus or co-enrol at a second campus.
- Application for fees refund or FEE-HELP recredit - Ask your Course Coordinator for the form if you wish to apply for a refund or recredit of your fees under special circumstances provisions.
- Application to review a decision not to refund fees / recredit FEE-HELP balance - Ask your Course Coordinator for the form if your application for a refund of fees was unsuccessful and you wish to request a review of the decision.
Other forms directly related to your studies (e.g. assessment cover sheet, request for an extension, request to review an assessment result, etc) should be downloaded from your course Moodle.
For graduating students
The graduation ceremony for students who completed their studies at the end of Semester 1 2019 was held on Thursday 19 September 2019. Portrait photos can be ordered by visiting GFP Graduations.
Visit the photographer's website to download and print the informal photographs taken on the day of the graduation.
The graduation ceremony for students who complete their studies at the end of 2019 will be held on Thursday 12 March 2020. Eligible students will receive an invitation to the ceremony in February 2020.
If you have any further enquiries about graduation, email TAFEdegrees@tafensw.edu.au.
Verification of qualifications
If you wish to have a qualification that has been completed at TAFE NSW verified, please email your request to Customer_Contact_Centre@tafensw.edu.au
In your email you must state the learner’s name, the name of the qualification, the TAFE campus the learner studied at, and the reason for your request.
If you have an enquiry regarding a TAFE NSW degree course you have completed or are currently enrolled in you should contact the course coordinator at the campus you studied at. For all other enquiries, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org