TAFE NSW is the largest cookery training provider in NSW and offers nationally recognised qualifications. Commercial Cookery courses offers students the chance to turn their passion into a flourishing career and apply their expertise in a professional environment. Courses in this sector are formulated to equip you with the practical skills and background knowledge you need to accomplish culinary tasks within the food and hospitality industry.
A commercial Cookery course can lead to a number of job opportunities, from cooking in a fast-paced, michelin starred restaurant to recommending the best wines from around the world as a knowledgeable sommelier. Qualifications in Commercial Cookery can lead to a job as a chef, sous chef, catering manager, sommelier, wine grape grower or a bar attendant. The average weekly salary for a chef is $950.
TAFE NSW offers a wide range of courses at a number of levels to suit your needs. Whether you're just starting out in Commercial Cookery, want to upgrade your skills or simply broaden your horizons, don't wait any longer and enrol now!
Popular Cookery and Wine Courses at TAFE NSW
- Certificate III in Asian Cookery (SIT31116)
- Certificate III in Catering Operations (SIT30916)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30816)
- Certificate III in Patisserie (SIT31016)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread) (FDF30610)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry) (FDF30510)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Combined) (FDF30710)
- TAFE Plus Statement in Advanced Cake Decorating (167-28833)
- TAFE Plus Statement in Breads of Asia (167-17148)
- TAFE Plus Statement in Chocolate Master Class (167-28388)
- TAFE Plus Statement in Introduction To Cake Decorating (167-28381)
- TAFE Plus Statement in Introduction To Chocolate Making (167-28376)
- TAFE Plus Statement in Modern Croquembouche (167-17149)