Scholarship - Start in Life - Banner
Scholarships - A Start in Life
A Start in Life
A Start in Life is a charity that for over 95 years, has been helping up to 200 Australian students a year in overcoming barriers, accessing education, and reaching their full potential.
This program works by resolving barriers for students who have a demonstrable drive and interest in their studies. Such barriers may include lacking the correct resources in class, not attending course excursions, or facing transport and textbook cost challenges.
Closing date: 6 March 2020
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- between 4 and 25 years of age
- an Australian citizen
- undertaking full time primary, secondary, or tertiary study
- seeking to improve in your studies
- facing [primarily financial] barriers to your education
As well as meeting the eligibility criteria, each student and parent (where relevant) will be assessed in each of the following areas:
- Financial. The income and assets of the student’s parents will be assessed.
- Engagement. The student and their parents will be assessed on their attendance and involvement with their school and with A Start in Life.
- General. The needs and circumstances of the student, and their family, will be assessed.
To apply, complete the application for assistance form, as well as a personal statement (400 to 800 words) addressing the following:
- What are your educational and career goals? Please identify a plan of how you intend to achieve these goals.
- How do your personal and/or family circumstances limit your development towards these goals?
- Recall a time when you were faced with a challenge: how did you respond to this challenge, and were you able to overcome it?
Within two weeks of A Start in Life having received a fully completed application, you will be notified on the outcome of your application.
For more information about the program, on the eligibility criteria, and for copies of the application form, please contact A Start in Life:
PH: 02 9264 3017
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: email@example.com by 6 March 2020.